GBC Kids exists to glorify God by serving children and partnering with their parents to teach them to be lights for Jesus. All of our curriculum is biblically solid, teaches kids the Gospel and encourages scripture memorization. All GBC Kids workers agree to follow our Child Protection Policies, undergo background checks and participate in annual training.
Our GBC Kids ministries include the following:
- The Gospel Project Bible Study for kids Birth through 5th Grade – Sundays, 9:30-10:30 am
- Little Lights Worship for kids Birth thru Pre-K – Sundays, 10:45 am through the end of the Worship Service.
- Family Activity Bags are provided at the Welcome Centers to help kids in K-5th grade engage in the worship service.
- Our Family Corner (outside the Worship Center) is available for parents to go with their children if they are restless during the Worship Service, TV is located on the wall above the fireplace so parents can continue to participate in the worship service.
- Lightbearers for kids 3 years of age through 5th grade – Wednesdays, 6:30-8:00 pm (Register HERE)
We take child safety very seriously. Through our partner MinistrySafe we have established a strong child protection policy following the best practices for child safety including secure check-in and check-out procedures, background checks for all volunteers, multiple adult supervisors at all times, and more. The full protection policy can be requested from the church office.
What is Lightbearers?
Let your light shine before others,
so that they may see your good works
and give glory to your Father in heaven.
To intentionally develop disciples of Christ through the teaching of the Bible and its truth so that they may become receive the light of Christ and be bearers of the Light to their communities.
Lightbearers is a ministry of Gashland Baptist Church that disciples kids into becoming “Children of Light” (1 Thess 5:5) who let their “light shine before others” (Matthew 5:16). We desire to see every student to become a disciple of Jesus with a strong foundation in the faith by the time they finish the 5th grade.
We accomplish this by a highly intentional training process that teaches kids the stories and truths of the Bible.
Little Lights and Fireflies, Ages 3 through 2nd grade, work their way through “The Biggest Story” which presents the overarching story of the Bible and how it points to Jesus.
Beacons, kids in 3rd through 5th grade, then work their way through the New City Catechism which presents big truths of the Bible in clear, memorable, questions and answers and while also learning and participating in God’s work around the world through missions.